The Institution adopts a number of good practices among which the two best practices which has been its integral part include:
1. The use of ICT: the Institution has been one of the pioneers to introduce ICT for regular operations of the college in its neighborhood. ICT has been put to regular use in academic as well as all administrative activities of the Institution. Regular upgradation of ICT infrastructure is a regular feature for the institution ensuring the best outcome for all the stakeholders.
2. The Social Outreach Activities: Social outreach activities have been a priority for the Institution since its inception as it was build on the values of Moral Education. There are four social outreach units in the institution which keep no stone unturned to reach out to all the possible sections of the society where service is rendered with empathy and enthusiasm. These best practices are highlighted in the institutional website in order to spread the message among it’s satke holders about the values that it upholds.
3. Maa Vindhyavashini College of Education is an institution whose aim is that when students complete their studies from the institution and face this competitive society, then they should meet every dimension. Students can not only get a good job by reading books and pass the examination, but also can handle and solve the professional and daily life situation every day in a very easy and technical way, the student becomes a person who can lay the foundation of a good society, able to maintain and live up to the definition of a strong and orderly society. In this context Maa Vindhyavashini College of Education runs a set off program to fulfill this purpose, which we call SKIP in short. SKIP Word is made up of four compon Colleges runs a set off program to fulfill this purpose, which we call SKIP in short. Skip Word is made up of four components S- skills K- knowledge I- Innovations P- programs Programs for development of skills and knowledge of students by new innovative ideas Maa Vindhyavashini College of Education organizes various activities for skill enhancement in the college campus and outside college campus like cultural activity, sports activity, singing competition ,dance competition, different art and craft competition activities. These type of skill enhancement activities not only give an opportunity to showcase the talent of the student but also enhances their talent. Apart from this, various types of activities like Debate Group, Discussions, Personal Interviews, Quiz Competition, and Memory Test to enhance the knowledge of college student. College also Organizes power point presentations, Webinars, and In house Seminar so that students can enhance their technical and memory skills. All these activities help the student to develop competitive skill, students can improve their career and showcase their talent and excel in any reputed field and get a quality job. Cultural Activities like Dance Competition, Singing Competition, Sports Competition, Welfare Programs, and Environment Awareness Programs also give opportunity to the students to give new direction to their personality and society. The MVCE Week is a longstanding tradition and best practice in our college. It is the only college of education in the city which conducts such a series of intercollegiate and interschool events. The practice was initiated in an era when there was not much of networking between colleges of education and with the schools. The MVCE Week attempts to conduct competitions such as Elocution, Music, Dance, Cookery, Rangoli, Pooja Thali Decoration, Flower Arrangement and Personality contests. The college is always keen to express our gratitude to the practice teaching schools for the cooperation they extended to us throughout the academic year. Thus, one day of the MVCE week is dedicated entirely to the schools by conducting Poetry Recitation Competitions. In 2018-19, the Panel Discussion was introduced as a regular feature of the MVCE Week Celebrations. The week now starts with a Panel Discussion. A theme/topic on contemporary issues is selected and the speakers related to the field are invited for discussion. This panel discussion is an intellectual and interactive learning experience for the students, faculty members and all the other participants. Some of the discussion themes over the years have been “Women Empowerment” “Women Leaders: Changing Equations” “Right to Information: An Aware Citizenry” & “Learning Lessons through Popular Culture”
4. The Practice-I Contents: The core objective of this institution is preparing and nurturing the young girl students to become a complete women or whole person. To achieve this vision the mission of the institution is to impart holistic education for the empowerment of women with great emphasis on inculcating value to nurture the growth of well balanced personality. The institution caters to girl student from all over state from varying socio-economic background. As such most of them are away from home. Majority of these girl students either stay in a private hostel or in a rented house. Thus many students are free from constant parental monitoring. Moreover the situation further aggravated by the fact that most of them comes from poor economic background. Free from parental control, weak financial situation, facing the challenges of living in city makes them vulnerable to value crisis ridden situation. To curb this disturbing trend the college initiated value based programme as a part of the co-curricular activities. The purpose of this programme is nurturing the young mind to develop a deep sense of social responsibilities and meet the future challenges successfully.
5. Practice: The institution organized various programmes and activities under value education programmes: • Value education class Two classes in a month are allotted for value education. Topic related with ethics and social values are open for discussion. It also focuses on the issues and problems generally faced by the girl students and means and ways to tackle the problem. Attendance is mandatory for the students. • Group counselling:- Group counseling conducted for some target group. • Personality development class. • Annual charity day programme:- As a part of inculcating value among the students the institution organised a yearly Charity Day.The students and staff donated both in cash and kinds. Funds were also raised by the students by opening food stalls as well. The initiatives are taken mostly by the students. The main objective of this programme is to inculcate the values and spirit of giving and sharing with our less privileged fellow beings.
6. The Practice-II Contents 1) CCTV Surveillance Objectives: The CCTV cameras have been installed with a vision: 1. To keep stock of every event and to track each and every event as per requirement 2. To achieve greater discipline among students 3. To deter misbehavior, misdemeanor and ragging 4. To deter theft of campus property as well as staff and student property 5. To ensure free and fair examination with zero copying and cheating 6. To check and investigate violence, vandalism or any untoward incident 7. To get hold of intruders and offenders 8. To achieve justice through valid evidences Context: The practice is a step towards creating a safe and harmonious atmosphere for the students and the stake holders. Security cameras are the alternatives of security guards, removing the limitations of human eyes. They bridge the gap and facilitate the strengthening of security system. Practice: In order to achieve ‘Quality Security Assurance’, the institution has installed CCTV cameras in the premises including the examination halls. Thus, The ‘Prying Eyes’ of the CCTV cameras are instrumental in making the college campus safe and secure. 2) Smart Classrooms Objectives:. 1.To enhance teaching and learning digitally 2. To provides better opportunities for the students by helping in understanding the concepts in a much better way. 3. To provides teachers with an opportunity to experiment in pedagogy. Context: A smart class is a technological boon for the education system integrating computer, multimedia and network technology. ‘SMART’ which stands for Showing, Manageable, Accessible, Real-time interactive and Testing, enables in achieving academic excellence. Practice: Two Smart Classrooms were created by upgrading two existing traditional classrooms in order to facilitate ICT based teaching/learning.They have made the teaching/ learning process ‘Student-Centric’.